Friday, July 21, 2006

Truly, truly I do

It's all grey to me

The amount of press releases that find their way into my inbox during the week is just incredible. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t suffer pangs and twinges of guilt as I swiftly remove the bulk of them from the little wooden box only to swivel around and dump them directly into my recycling container. I mean, some of these companies go to what appears to be a significant amount of trouble to communicate their products in fairly inventive ways, and unfortunately, the amount of space available in our magazine isn’t able to accommodate them all. I’ve seen CDs, slide shows, hard copy photos, full colour brochures, invitations, the list is endless. But, one of the many I received this morning caught my attention, and as such, I’m using it in our September issue. The woman who penned the thing signed it, “Very truly yours.”

Now, I don’t even know this woman. I wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a crowd of two people. But hey -she’s very truly mine, and I think a distinction needs to be made here between the connotation of truly, or sincerely, or kind regards, and VERY TRULY. It almost makes me feel like she’s made me a candidate for her first born child, or something.

Very truly yours,

Heather

1 comment:

X said...

LOL, I never feel bad. If they wanted us to cover their event so bad, they would have made the EVENT interesting, and not the press release. When will they ever learn? :P