Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One in every bunch

So, I'm taking a summer class. To say I embarked on this venture with the sole, noble intention of gaining further insight into Quebec's political system would be a lie. I have vain hopes of getting myself into a grad program and I need the credits.

But why, oh why, does there have to be one of THOSE GUYS in the class? You know the kind I'm refering to -the guy who sits in the front row, waving his arm around wildly in the air, the guy who won't let the professor finish a complete sentence without offering up his own, twisted interpretation? The guy so hopped up on coffee that the hand in the air twitches with nervous anticipation, and as the minutes tick by and his hand grows numb with all the frantic flapping, he starts to bounce up and down rapidly in his seat, driving all other students to complete and utter distraction?

A message to that guy: Students don't pay to listen to you. Please, put your hand down, and for the love of all things sacred, stay the hell away from anything caffeinated.

2 comments:

X said...

I hate those guys! His only way to good grades is ass-kissing. Let me know how that class is because I may take it next semester :P I love QC politics.

Heather said...

I'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, I can see if 'Mister Frantic Hand Flapper' gives private tutorials. I'm willing to bet he does...