Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Random

No wonder women are so paranoid.

Yesterday, while I was walking through the Hall Building to get to my class (did I say walking? I meant being aggressively shuffled between 6,000 people yapping on cell phones), I overheard several snippets of conversation men were having with friends. They were disturbing.

‘Yo man, like I’m hanging out with Laura later, but like, her sister is gonna be crazy mad if she finds out.’

‘Dude, it was so locked down, like totally.’

‘Bro, I was like, babysitting, you know? She’s total underage. It’s wicked.’

On another, unrelated note, I have to give a heartfelt thanks to gmail, for single-handedly boosting my self-esteem in a way I never dreamed possible.

I got this, lovely note this afternoon from a friend:

Thanks Heather...

I want you to take two mins., smile and tell yourself you're great.
You really are.

I know you're having rough day.

This too shall pass
.

Nice, no?

Apparently the folks (or robots, spiders, whathaveyou) thought differently, for the sponsored links beside this e-mail read as follows:

Why he manipulates you


How to get a lover

Learn the secret psychology to getting a man hooked for good

Sigh.

3 comments:

Arthur Willoughby said...

I'm not surprised...unfortunately...by the phone conversations you overheard from various men.

As a male myself I've long been fascinated...and somewhat appalled...by the behavior of my fellow males. They seem eager and willing to do anything to treat as many women as possible like chattel.

By the same token, I'm equally discouraged by how many women, despite the tremendous strides they've made in society, allow themselves to be treated like dirt by men. How many young women have been deflowered by a guy that "Loves me, he said he loves me," then he never calls again.

How many women have met "the one" and discovered that he's already someone else's "one"...and has a few little "ones" at home as well.

When I was in high school my two best friends would routinely lie to me about their sexual conquests...knowing full well that I was still a virgin.

Men are largely pigs. You can clean 'em up and put 'em in suits but they're still only a couple steps above their cave-dwelling ancestors, and they'll continually amaze you with their ability to disappoint.

Heather said...

AW-You know, you've got a good point. I think that to some extent, a case can be made that men only behave this way because they're able to get away with it.

X said...

At least those Spammers are now getting a heart. Awwww.

Yes, I'm not enjoying the men right now. At all.