Monday, July 07, 2008

Tiny ocean of tears

On my way into work this morning, I passed a young girl, maybe in her mid-twenties. She was sitting outside the Parliament buildings, in dress pants and a black blouse, her honey blond hair pulled into a ponytail. She had one of those doughy, open, honest faces that are so beautiful in their own way. She was sobbing into her cellphone, as quiet and controlled as she could manage - and despite that the person on the other line was doing all the talking, you knew her heart was being broken. First thing, on a bright, sunny July morning on Rideau Street, a chapter of this young woman's life closed, and it was all I could do not to sit down beside her and cry, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent this weekend with 4,000 strangers at a convention which purpose was to grow spiritually and emotionally. In the meetings in which I shared my story and where I was 'at' in my recovery, I sobbed. Big tears rolled down my cheeks witnessed by dozens and dozens of people I had never met. Sobs and deep intimate secrets flowed from me. Uncensored.

I'm connected more than ever with others when I am honestly connected to myself. When I can identify with someone elses story, in feeling rather than facts, that is when I'm able to further develop my initmate relationship with me. It's a gift I cherish. Hopefully someday if ever I see someone crying silently alone I will have the courage to go sit beside them, and without a word, cry with them too.

Thanks for sharing Heather.

Heather said...

That was lovely, so thank YOU.
It sounds like you're on an interesting journey. Happy travels.

Heather said...

That was lovely, so thank YOU.
It sounds like you're on an interesting journey. Happy travels.

deraz said...

ابو الهول
يناء مظلات في الشارقة
تركيب جيبسون بورد الشارقة