Monday, November 26, 2007

Enough

It's hard when you realize that it will never be enough.

Because you're there already, aren't you? You did what you set out to do and you're there, you're here, you're it all and it's not very much. It's nothing at all, really.

It looked bigger on paper.

Much bigger.

And so, what now, where now, where to, who to, and what then, what after that?

And then?

It's hard when you realize that your entire life is a plan. It's always the next day, the next week, the next month, next year, next time.

I walked out of my professor's office the other day encouraged. Jubilant, maybe. And yet, I recognized that feeling - the one I had when I found out I would be coming here. And it hit me then, that I had fooled myself into thinking this would be enough, that this time, it was enough.

It is never enough.

3 comments:

husk said...

this might not make sense but i've been on a "planless plan" lately -- where nothing is calculated (and it really should be) -- so far, everything's going according to plan ;)

Heather said...

Husk - of course that makes complete sense, and sounds very liberating. Keep me posted on your progress. Not that it will be planned, mind you...:)

Mood Indigo said...

I.feel.you.