Wednesday, March 07, 2007

10 little things

A tag by Vila over at http://thesmokingsection.wordpress.com prompted me to put together a little list on the ten oddest things about me.


Alors!

1) I always spoil the ending of a book by reading the last page before I get there, no matter how much I'm enjoying the story.


2) I never pay parking tickets, license or medicare renewal fees or return library books even remotely close to on time. Which reminds me...


3) One of my absolute favourite snacks is peanut butter stirred with Splenda. Don't judge.


4) After finding a bug on my pillow a few months ago, I now unmake and remake my bed every single night, just to make absolutely certain no unwelcome visitors are crawling around in there!


5) I am shamelessly addicted to Oprah magazine and read it religiously every month. From finish to start, of course. Don't you judge me!


6) I don't own a working television.


7) I have absolutely no fascination with celebrities. I can honestly say there isn't one famous person I feel my life would be enriched by meeting.


8) I make 99.9% of my phone calls from the bathtub.


9) I once got yanked over by security at the airport for a 'conspicuous-looking item' in my bag, which, I humbly admit, was my bathroom scale. I was 16. So don't judge.


10) This list got progressively easier to write as I went along. And that makes me nervous.

I am ridiculously terrible at inserting links properly, so I'm not even going to try. But Arthur, Walters, K, Mood Indigo, S'Mat and Jonasparker, kids, you're up. A vos tours!

9 comments:

MontrealGurl said...

Wow Heath, I really didn't know you did that with books! I was quite shocked actually.

Ok, here I go... 10 oddest things about me. Or just the facts really.

1) Seeing as woman on a cell phone in her Mercedes this morning reminded me that my life would not be blissful if I could drive around financially care free. It's the things that cost nothing at all that I worry about. And that, made me feel good. Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I think about which makes it odd'ish.

2) I keep a reserve of at least a dozen toilet paper rolls. Hey, post war baby boomers used to hoard sugar. I don’t know what one has to do with the other so that makes it odd.

3) I have a strange fascination with conjoined twins.

4) A leech going into a mans urethra on Eco-Challenge Borneo was all I could think about for two and a half days. I wondered and worried how they would treat that.

5) I collect my favourite Dilbert comics and still find them as funny as I did when I first read them. Phil DeCube. Hahahahaha!

6) I have a strange and seemingly endless need to whip food from the work refrigerator into the garbage. Did I mention it was OTHER PEOPLE'S FOOD?

7) It has been scientifically proven that I can see things at a faster rate than the average person. Just ask Heather as I pull lint off her clothes.

8) I correct people when they tell me I look like Kate Jackson mentioning “Pre-cosmetic surgery, right?”

9) I want to push someone off their bicycle and have them get right back on without punching me.

10) Wherever I am I always have floss. Always.

Heather said...

Bionic woman, you're so cool.

Mood Indigo said...

i'll have to think about this - I love both of your lists though - and I think I might have to steal montrealgurl's fasciation with conjoined twins. I have seriously spent SO much time googling conjoined twin stories at work...

S'Mat said...

hahaha, otherworldly lists. ok, i'll do it... and just when i'd sacrificed a strawberry yoghurt to seal the oath to discontinue the freakshow that my blog had become...

X said...

Oh no, I've been tagged! Stay tuned on my blog!

And #8 will make me listen much more intently on if I hear a bar of soap dropping in water whenever we chat :)

Anonymous said...

Already way ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

Montrealgurl: I also want to push someone off their bike, but I don't care if they get back up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

cvugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, converse outlet, hollister, barbour jackets, moncler, gucci, moncler, canada goose uk, wedding dresses, moncler, moncler outlet, converse, links of london, marc jacobs, swarovski crystal, canada goose, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, ugg boots uk, barbour, ray ban, replica watches, toms shoes, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, vans, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, karen millen, montre pas cher, thomas sabo, bottes ugg, ugg pas cher, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, swarovski, lancel, moncler, moncler, pandora charms, supra shoes, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, coach outlet